Sunday, August 19, 2012

There's nothing like worshiping the Lord.........BAREFOOT!!!

Saturday morning I got up at FIVE IN THE MORNING to go grocery shopping.  Because we don't have a big grocery store (only a "mom & pop" grocery), I have to go to Walmart each time.  Well, our Walmart services approximately 50,000 people who live in the North Jefferson area.  I get SO frustrated when I go to the store and they are out of EVERYTHING.  I understand it, but it makes me want to scream!!!  Not only that, there are a bijillion and one people that crowd the aisles, and there are lines 10 people deep at the registers.  I am not exaggerating at all!  I have learned through these very frustrating, stressful times that I am in a much better mood if I sacrifice a little sleep and do my shopping early in the morning.  Plus, Walmart stocks each night, so their inventory is much better.  AND, I can peacefully stroll the aisles alone, listen to my iPod, read labels, and actually shop!  It's a little piece of Heaven actually. 

So I went to do back to school grocery shopping at 5 am Saturday morning, and then I went to BodyFlow at 8 am.  My plan is to get back in shape after the kids start back to school.  When I got home from Flow, Keith had the bags packed and we spontaneously decided to go to Nashville to visit Keith's brother and his wife.  We all LOVE going there.  It's a nice way to kind of de-stress and rejuvinate.  Understand me when I say that the house looked like a tornado because I am in the process of purging all of the CRAP from each room.  You know, like spring cleaning.  As you know (and if you don't know), you usually have a bigger mess FIRST during spring cleaning before it gets better.  Well, we just left all that CRAP where it was and headed up to Tennessee.  I mean, heck, it's the last weekend before school, and the house stuff will still be there when we get back, right??? 

The trip up was relatively painless.  We laughed, sang, read, and talked.  We only had to stop and pee twice (and both of those were for me).  The kids went swimming at Uncle Kev's and Aunt Tiff's neighborhood pool, and we were the only one's there, so it felt like a private pool!!!  We also went on the golf cart into the woods and saw about 10 deer (precious babies with their spots, too) and 3 turkeys.  It was really cool.  You should have seen all SIX of us crammed on that golf cart.  Selah was buck naked, by the way (we did cover her up with a towel...sort of). 

Today (Sunday), we went to a church called Journey.  It was held in an old factory.  It was really beautiful with exposed beams and pipes.  The service was awesome - 2 hours long!!!  It didn't feel like 2 hours, however.  The kids actually did great!  I think they were able to connect well during the service.  One thing about my girls is that as far back as I can remember, they are always in church barefooted!!!  I mean, 100% of the time since they were babies, the first thing they do is take their shoes off in the aisle.  I don't know why they do that, but I think it's really cool.  Many of you who know the Nesmiths know that the Nesmith kids LOVE to be naked (pronounced "nekked").  I know some people are weird about that, but we aren't too picky.  Obviously, my almost 10 year old son doesn't run around the neighborhood naked, and he now has to be dressed in front of his sisters.  But I kind of like that my kids are free and feel comfortable and confident to be free.  I mean, Sarah B hardly wore a pair of shoes when we were in Guatemala at the girl's home.  I think sometimes, we as adults, over-think things.  I know some people think it would be a disrespectful thing to go barefooted in church, but I truly think the girls feel like they can worship and be closer to God. I certainly don't want to stifle that.  I'll tell you that it is a great example to me when I see them not sweat the small stuff in life.  I mean, people have gotten away from wearing suits and dresses and hats to church.  Many people now are wearing jeans and t-shirts.  I think the thought is that people should feel free to be comfortable when they worship.  I looked down the aisle today, and I saw Will up at the altar praying and Sarah B with her hands up during a song, worshiping.  Susannah was singing with all her might, and Selah was lying her head on my shoulder while I was singing in her ear.  I was moved by hearing all the voices praying The Lord's Prayer.  Sometimes we pray that prayer like a robot, and I believe we truly take for granted the words and meaning of the prayer because it is recited so often.  When I was hearing all the female voices, deep bass voices, tenor voices, and the innocent voices of children all in unison, I truly felt the presence of the Spirit.  I thanked God at that very moment for how truly blessed I am.  I cannot thank Him enough for the gifts He has bestowed upon me and my family.  How can we thank Him enough? 

For those of you who accidentally came upon this blog, I ask you to please respect me and grant me this request - please do not post any negative comments or comments that state that you disagree with me or my family.  This blog is meant to be a collection of memories for my children (and ourselves as parents) to remember the moments of our lives.  Feel free to simply never visit my blog again if you disagree or are offended by anything.  You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and I am honestly glad you have opinions.  Thank you in advance for respecting my request. 


GET READY...........the "shock and awe" parenting tactic that we had to initiate.......It's a biggie.......

Verse of the day:  "What shall we say about such wonderful things as these?  If GOD is for us, then WHO can be against us?"
Romans 8:31

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What a wonderful worship experience! I'm so happy that you encourage your children worship in whatever way they feel most connected to Him!

    ReplyDelete