Saturday, August 25, 2012

It happened on this day EIGHT years ago.........

........my beautiful Susannah Alexis Nesmith was born.  You came into this world on 8/25/2004 at 1301 (1:01 pm).  You weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces and were 21 inches long.  You came 2 weeks early - your due date was 9/6/2004.  You are named after a very important person in my life - my sister and best friend, Karen Alexis White Stacy.  You also have the name, Susannah, derived from the Bible.  Your daddy and I thoughtfully planned each one of your names (we had yours planned since I was 16 years old and your daddy was 17 years old!!!).  Each one of your names are extremely significant to us.  Be proud of it always!!!  You had sparse black hair on your head and cheeks people could see from the back of your head!!!  You cried and cried until you got your first meal.  You were a great mover inside my belly...always dancing.  Your brother, Will, was ALWAYS jealous when I would hold another baby, but when you were born it was like he knew you were ours forever.  He didn't get the least bit upset when I would hold you.  While we were in the hospital, we thought life could not be more perfect!

Then we brought you home.....and you did NOT sleep a wink the first night.  Every time we put you in your bed, I mean even when we would ACT like we were setting you down, you would cry - loudly.  We lived in a 900 square foot house, and the walls were as thin as paper.  We were totally worried that you would wake Will up - who was not even 2 years old.  We were NOT used to having multiple children.  We barely made it through the night without losing our minds, but morning did finally arrive.  The next night was an exact repeat of the the first night.  THEN we figured you out......

When Will was born, we literally came home from the hospital and laid him in his bed in his room, unswaddled, and he went to sleep.  Granted, he still woke up to eat, but he just got placed in his bed.  WELL.....we thought we could just plop you in your baby bed  and that you would go to sleep.  WRONG - you wanted to be swaddled, my dear.  Once we figured that part about you out - you were pretty easy (with the exception of the normal woes of the first couple of weeks of a newborn). 

Baby girl, my we cannot tell you how much we love you.  I cannot express how you have truly blessed your daddy and my life. You are one of the most caring, full of life little girls I know.  I love how you wake up smiling in the morning.  I love how you get hyper when you are sleepy.  I love how you adore your bed and love getting in it each night - just like when you were a tiny baby.  You never liked us to rock you or hold you to get you to sleep.  You wanted us to lie you in your bed and leave you alone.  I love the deep dimple on the right side of your cheek.  I love your heart-shaped angel kiss on your forehead - the one you make me kiss each night when I tuck you in to bed.  Your Nana (your great-great grandmother) was the first to recognize that you look JUST like your Mama.  I am so very proud of that, and I hope that one day you can appreciate it.  Your eyes and skin color came from your daddy.  Your eyes sparkle like the waters of the Caribbean Sea. Angel, I love the way you always want every one to be happy.  You are the classic "people pleaser".  On the other hand, you can also be super pest-y to your siblings.  You also have the best whine of any of you guys.  You can drag out a whine forever!!!  You are a tad on the dramatic side - BUT, I love that too.  You love the Lord, and are always compassionate and friendly to people.  You are extremely competitive and always want to be finished with your classwork FIRST!!!  You love to dance, swim, play with your friends, play outside, ride your bike, play with animals, and much more.  Sus, I want you to know that there is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, in this world that you can do to make your daddy and me not LOVE YOU!!!   

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY!!!

On your day, today - We got up ate breakfast at Chik-Fil-A (inside!!!) and went hiking at Oak Mountain.  We had a blast!!!  We ate FROZEN YOGURT FOR LUNCH at Yogurt Lab.  We went out to eat at Five Guys (your choice) for dinner, and all of you jumped on the neighbor's trampoline til dark!!!  You said it was your BEST birthday so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment