Friday, September 7, 2012

I'm baaaaaack.......

.........from the dead.  I've been sick with a cold and haven't felt much like writing.  It was hard enough to work through the weekend and week and do normal home activities.  Geez, the kids have TONS of homework each night!!!

It's been a GREAT week in the Nesmith home.  ALL the kids have brought home excellent grades and excellent conduct.  Selah has gotten recognized 2 times for her exceptional behavior.  It's much better than last week ;)  The kids have even jumped out of bed (with the alarm clock) and gotten each other up and moving in the morning!!!  I expect next week to be a challenge.....

You know how kids are.  As soon as you think, wow, we've got it all together - it goes to heck in a hand basket.  I swear, I feel like I'm up on a pedestal like, "I am the BEST MOM in the world.  Just look how well behaved my perfect, wonderful, beautiful, genius offspring are" (imagine my chest puffed out and my chin up).......  And then those wonderful, perfect, beautiful, genius children go and wipe vaseline all over the quilt on my bed. Or after my sweat and tears (and there are tears!!!) of cleaning up and going through their clothes upstairs, it looks like a TORNADO when I go up there that very same day.  Or if I say like ONE MILLION times, "(insert really precious voice) Sweety pie, angel, honey bunch please pick up the bathroom and don't leave your clothes in the middle of the floor (1st time).  Babe, please go get your clothes out of the bathroom floor (2nd time). By like the 4th time, I have raised my voice, and they are balled up in the fetal position crying because "I hollered at them".  Seriously???

Neither Keith or I are holler-ers (is that a word???).  So don't feel too sorry for them.  We rarely raise our voices.  Like we tell the kids, if we have gotten to a raised voice, it's the ONLY way we can get your attention, and you can bet we are frustrated. 

But truly, kids,  I am so very proud of how you guys have been this week.  Will, I love how you still hug me in front of the whole school bus and tell me that you love me before you jump on the bus.  Sus, I love how when I start getting frustrated about the house, you jump up and start helping because you "don't want me to be sad".  Sarah B, I love how tender you are - you were so concerned about my minor head cold; you kept asking "Mama, are you sure you feel ok?".  Selah Dean, I love how you sit in a chair in front of your drawers to thoughtfully pick out your clothes in the morning - usually which do not match or are 3 sizes too small!!!

Kids, one day your daddy and I will miss seeing the vaseline spot on the quilt.  We will miss those clothes on the bathroom floor.  Just remember all 6 of us are a team, and we are trying to teach you responsibility.  It's our job.  God gave your daddy and I the responsibility to teach your certain life lessons (like how to obey, respect, love, etc).  I thank each one of you for making our lives so full and wonderful!!! And you know what????? - WE LOVE THE CRAZINESS!!!

Tonight we are celebrating Will and Sus' birthday by having like a million friends over to play MESSY KICKBALL!!!  It's gonna be a BLAST.  It's gonna be like a block party on Avery Lane!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment