Sunday, November 11, 2012

Come on, kiddos....

.....you're wearing us out.  I know it's normal, but I wish you would all get along!!!  I mean, you guys love each other a lot.  You all sleep in the same room (own beds).  Will, we've finally gotten you back into your room.  You love to talk before going to sleep.  Heaven forbid anyone be ugly to you.  You do a great job taking up for one another.  But....

It is driving me bananas that you can't agree on pretty much anything.  If we are in the car, 3 of you want one kind of music and there is ALWAYS that 1 that wants something different.  That 1 is someone different each time.  If 3 of you want the heat on in 10 degree weather, there is always 1 of you that says, "I'm hot, I don't want the heat on (insert whiny voice)".  I always ask you what you want me to do.  If I turn the heat on, then then 1 antagonist feels rejected, and if I don't turn the heat on for the whiny one, then the other 3 feel rejected.  I can never win.  Not only that, the one(s) that I reject get VERY verbal (i.e. whining, etc) and makes everyone else miserable!

We usually go through spells of this; then there are spells where you all get along so well.  I've done a lot of investigating, and I found that this is extremely normal especially in children close in age.  It makes me feel better in the sense that you are normal, but worse in the sense that it wears us out!!!

It also makes me feel better that you CAN love and be sweet to each other.  In those moments, I am patting myself on the back.  I'm thinking, Wow, I have such wonderful kids and I am an amazing mother.........  As soon as that thought passes through my brain, I hear a knock-down, drag-out between some of y'all only to knock me right off my maternal pedestal!!!  Guess you kiddos keep me humble.  But, I wouldn't change a thing about any of you!!!  I love you....

No comments:

Post a Comment